If you’ve been paying attention to the news, you’ve probably heard that the public health emergency and national state of emergency for COVID-19 is over. But does this mean that the pandemic is officially over? Not exactly.
What’s changing is the government’s approach to COVID-19, which extends to prevention, care and treatment. As of May 2023, the World Health Organization still considers COVID-19 to be a pandemic, though it is no longer a PHEIC (public health emergency of immediate concern).
The reason why COVID-19 remains a problem is because numbers are still high, death rates from the virus are still high and healthcare systems around the world remain stressed. Therefore, it’s important to continue taking proper precautions, especially if you own a business or are immunocompromised.
Texas Elite Restoration and Cleaning offers professional COVID cleaning and sanitization services for homes and businesses. This is a valuable service if you’re moving into a new home or office, or people have been sick at work. We follow the best practices set forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Cleaning and Disinfecting: Best Practices During the COVID-19 Pandemic
According to the CDC, here are the best practices to follow to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Follow CDC, state and local public health guidelines. COVID-19 is mainly spread through the air. The risk of getting the virus by touching a contaminated surface is believed to be low.
- Be careful using disinfectants. Disinfectants can trigger an asthma attack. If you do plan to use these products, keep the space well ventilated. Also, keep these products out of reach of children.
- Clean surfaces with soap and water. Normal routine cleaning with soap and water lowers the risk of spreading COVID-19 by removing dirt and germs from surfaces. In fact, this type of cleaning is usually enough to reduce risk.
- Always follow the instructions. Cleaning products have their own instructions, so be sure to follow them. Otherwise, they may be ineffective or unsafe. For example, do not dilute or mix disinfectants, unless the directions tell you to.
- Use EPA-registered disinfectants. Disinfectants aren’t always necessary, but when they are, choose EPA-registered agents. These products are generally only needed when someone you know has been sick with COVID-19.
COVID Cleaning and Sanitization in Harlingen TX
When you choose Texas Elite Restoration and Cleaning, you can expect the highest quality cleaning services from a qualified and responsible team. We follow best practices from the CDC and clean all porous and non-porous surfaces, plus equipment, tools and supplies.
We only use EPA-registered broad-spectrum cleaning agents that destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi and mold. This way, you can rest assured that your space is clean and safe, and that no irritants are getting into your home or office. We highly recommend our services if you are relocating to a new home or office, or if COVID has been going around your workplace.
To schedule an appointment for COVID cleaning and sanitization services in Harlingen TX, contact Texas Elite Restoration and Cleaning today. We have convenient appointments and can tackle jobs big and small!