When you have water in your home or business, you need a team that will respond quickly to prevent further damage.
Texas Elite Restoration and Cleaning is here to take your call and begin the water repair and restoration process in Harlingen TX. We know how important it is to respond right away, as water damage can occur within 24 hours.
Water damage isn’t always obvious, so it’s important to schedule an inspection as soon as you know your property has been affected. Even if things don’t look bad on the surface, just a little bit of water can lead to structural damage, cosmetic issues and mold. Schedule an inspection today to take advantage of our powerful water extraction services in Harlingen TX.
First Things to Do When Water Gets in Your Home or Business
After any home emergency, the safety of your family comes first. Once you and your family are safe, there are a few things you can do to prevent further damage to your property. However, make sure that whatever you do, you’re doing so safely and carefully. Otherwise, it’s best to wait until help arrives.
Generally speaking, we tell our customers to handle water cleanup in the following ways until we can get there:
- Turn off the power. Water and electricity don’t mix. The only exception is if you need to stand in water to turn off the power. Then it’s best to wait for a professional.
- Protect valuables. Lift wood furniture off the carpet to prevent damage, remove area rugs from wood floors, tie up curtains, etc. Also move paintings, art, computers and other sensitive items to a dry place.
- Remove water. Remove as much excess water as you can by mopping and blotting. Remember to wear rubber boots and gloves to protect yourself from bacteria that may be in the water.
- Document the damage. Take pictures or write down the things that are damaged in your home or business. You’ll need this for insurance purposes.
- Call your insurance company. Not all insurance policies cover flood damage. Contact your insurance company to find out what coverage you have for water damage, if any.
Once we arrive at your home or business, our teams will get to work extracting water with our powerful equipment. At this point, you’re in great hands!
Steps in Texas Elite Restoration & Water Extraction Process
When water affects your home or business, you need a company that will save the day – and that’s us! Texas Elite Restoration and Cleaning follows a series of steps to ensure we don’t miss a thing.
The process starts with an emergency phone call to our Harlingen TX. One of our water extraction specialists will take your call and gather the necessary information. This will help us arrive prepared. We’ll then send out our professionals to perform a water damage assessment, which tells us the damage, its severity and what needs to be done to fix it.
Next, we remove water using powerful pumps and extraction units. We will let you know if there’s anything that can’t be fixed. Once everything is dry, our crew will clean, sanitize and deodorize your floors, furniture and other personal belongings. Any remaining water will be removed with commercial drying equipment to avoid mold, mildew and other damage.
Schedule Water Extraction Services in South Texas Today!
Texas Elite Restoration and Cleaning can help with every aspect of your home should it come into contact with water. We will follow the steps above, and we can assist with repair and restoration work, such as installing new flooring.
Even if the damage doesn’t seem that bad, you should always get things checked out by a professional. Just a small amount of water can cause big problems down the road. Schedule your water damage assessment with our professional cleaning crews today!